How to get latest version of compiler?

Topics: General
Oct 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM

What exactly do I have to download and compile to get the latest version of the compiler, with the fix for the curly braces issue in type names, for example? What exactly does the tsc.exe executable do, that came with the VS plug-in? Does it simply run tsc.ts or will I have to recompile that one, too?

Thank you!

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Edited Nov 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Still hoping for a response. Thank you!

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM

If you look at the source code, the tsc command just runs a node.js script called tsc.js. So you should clone the develop branch and run tsc.js on your node.js server.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:44 AM

So I guess tsc.exe is just the stand-alone version of that script? I'M asking because I want to use the compiler inside VS.

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Right, tsc.exe is just another way to run the stand-alone script.  If you pull from the develop branch, you should get the latest fixes.  You won't get the tsc.exe (which comes with each public release), but you will be able to run the .js with node using the tsc command (like niutech suggests).

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Edited Nov 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I have been doing the following correct me if I am wrong.   Download/Pull  Development branch.  Then  use make file to build current version.  Once that is done  copy the  updated  tsc.js, typescript.js and the typescriptServices.js  to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\TypeScript\0.8.0.0. Then restart Visual Studio. 

My understanding is that the tsc.exe uses the tsc.js files to do the actual work of compiling.