Tooling (VS2012): Auto Reference/Import ts files/modules

Topics: General
Oct 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I am in a situation where i have multiple TS files spread in my Visual Studio Solution.
Right now I build a single big file using "reference"...

However I am getting a little bit tired of doing the footwork for this my self each time...
It would be nice if we could have the tool suggest "reference xxx.ts" and/or "import module xxx"... (based on all the files you currently have in your project and/or maybe solution???...)

So say MyClassA.ts looks like:

module MyModule{
  export class MyClassA {}
}

And my MyClassB.ts looks like:

module MyModule{
  export class MyClassB {
    myClassAField: MyClassA = new MyClassA();
  }
}

Around "MyClassA" a suggestion would show to either import or reference the other file...
However... I am not sure how the exact function of it should work...

If this already exists in a plugin somewhere please direct me :) 

Also in the long run, how the ecosystem should be, i mean if it should logically mimic the eco system of so many other tools... so you could make a "TypeScript" project, wherein all ts files would be packaged to a single .js file for output...

Or if that would break apart how we work with JS... I Mean untill now I have always had them within my main web solution or similar... So as "Secondary" solution items to the .NET Assembly output and web pages... But if I where to develop a large scale JS app, I might begin to consider packaging it more like I am use to with other projects...

This could also mean we could look at optimizing the code within that "module"...

Anyways, this is properly not something to put around the corner, and I have no idea how relevant this could be to other IDE's as well...

(If there is a separate project for the VS plugin and I am posting this in the wrong place, I apologize)