CATS editor

Topics: General
Dec 1, 2012 at 10:27 AM

After playing some more with the language services, I updated my node-webkit based editor. Right now it supports besides basic code completion and syntax highlighting also background source compilation. I also put all the heavy lifting in a web worker, so the UI should not slow down while performing these tasks.

You can download it from: https://github.com/jbaron/cats

Feedback is welcome, especially what would be cool features to add!!!

Please note that this release is just for playing around and that is why I didn't include a save button yet. But once it is a bit more solid and has some more features, I'll put the save functionality in place. 

P.S previously it was called tsEdit, but it turns out there is already an editor with that name. So to avoid any confusion, I renamed it to CATS (Code Assistant for TypeScript).

// Peter

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:45 PM
@jbaroncom - I'm back to using VS 2013 for Typescript 1.3 but while that wasn't practical CATS did a great job of filling in. Code assist was fantastic. Thanks for the significant effort involved in making this editor.
Nov 13, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Good to hear you found CATS useful. The IDE itself is right now very stable, however the TypeScript 1.3 language service still has some rough edges (although I use it myself regular to develop CATS).

I also think the TypeScript team is adding a lot of nice goodies to the language in a fast paste, so a lot of new stuff to try out:

1) Protected class members
2) Const, let (block scoping etc)
3) I believe also template strings are now in
4) Union Types

(and possible I even forgot a few)