Notable TypeScript projects

Topics: General
Jan 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM

A few projects for the benefit of people starting with TypeScript.

I've chosen those because they are somehow below the radar of many, but they push the boundaries of sane.

Do you have some links to add?

This discussion thing doesn't let me insert screenshots, so either go to the links or see sreenshots in a blog post.

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I had created a project on Github to supply an On-The-Fly TS compiler on the web server:

I think it may be useful for the guy who want to study TypeScript but without compile the code again and again ( and source map is supported for easier to debug on new browsers).

And combine typescript playground on Ace with this web server to build an online TS coding service may be a good idea too?

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM

This should really be part of an external links page for TS, so please vote for this ticket: .

Not sure it counts as a notable TS project, but in terms of helpful tooling for TS programmers, there is . It provides access to TS language services from the command line, helping with editor/IDE plugins for TS.

It comes with a simple Vim plugin (insert-mode completion, show type, jump to definition, show errors). Others have started working on emacs and sublime text plugins based on this, but I do not know whether those are available (yet?-).

Jan 13, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Edited Jan 13, 2013 at 8:44 PM is a must have for node.js users.

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:04 AM

In the next week or two I will be releasing typescript-builder since it is almost finished (optimizations, code alignment & documentation are yet to be done). I will keep you posted but for now I can highlight what it can do:

• building projects with json build scripts
  • available via CLI & Node.js module 
  • efficient caching (if files are modified it doesn't need to recompile)
  • build script chaining (with one build it is possible to execute many other build scripts (e.g. server side & client side compile in one step))
  • efficient watcher
  • bundling allows you to concatenate & compress your code (yes it is possible to concatenate commonjs modules into one file with fixed declaration paths)
  • cleanup, move, copy support for organizing project
  • run after build (e.g. run node app & open web browser)

It integrates into Visual Studio very well and allows you to easily write your TypeScript Node.js projects, though it can be used for any kind of TypeScript projects (few options are available & optional only for Node.js development).

Jan 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I also created a buildpack for heroku users:

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:51 AM
I have compiled a good list here:
Jan 31, 2013 at 2:26 PM
borisyankov wrote:
I have compiled a good list here:
Thanks. I've added this to the relevant issue, .

Could you please add to "IDE Tools", from earlier in this thread:
command line access to TS language services; Vim plugin for TS.
Feb 1, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Done. ;)
Also anyone who wants to add tools, can do it via pull request.
Feb 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM
borisyankov wrote:
Done. ;)
Also anyone who wants to add tools, can do it via pull request.
Well, if you force me to;) but pull request seem a bit heavy-weight here (leading to lots of abandoned forks and merge conflicts; github editor tending to replace special symbols, leading to spurious diffs).

Perhaps using github issues for items to be added, or switching to a github wiki? Just a suggestion.