TypeScript Notepad

Topics: General
Jan 17, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I've just recently heard about TypeScript and I took quite an interest in it.

My biggest disappointment was that only Visual Studio 2012 supported. I think TypeScript is currently missing a decent tool that everyone can write script in. So I was thinking to myself a good notepad with IDE like features (like IntelliSense, Building, Syntax Highlighting) is needed. I'm a .NET WinForms developer and unfortunately that limits me to Windows. I thought what about write the notepad in HTML and TypeScript?

I'm a bit lacking in Web Development skills; I know this could run on a server like a website, but I wondered if native client applications can encapsulate the HTML and TypeScript/JavaScript and wrap it into a native program for different operating systems. I don't know what the limitations will be of a client application.

Any thoughts?

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Edited Jan 17, 2013 at 8:53 PM
There are some alternative IDEs/Text Editors that support TypeScript. To name a few:

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM, psjw12 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I've just recently heard about TypeScript and I took quite an interest in it.

My biggest disappointment was that only Visual Studio 2012 supported. I think TypeScript is currently missing a decent tool that everyone can write script in. So I was thinking to myself a good notepad with IDE like features (like IntelliSense, Building, Syntax Highlighting) is needed. I'm a .NET WinForms developer and unfortunately that limits me to Windows. I thought what about write the notepad in HTML and TypeScript?

I'm a bit lacking in Web Development skills; I know this could run on a server like a website, but I wondered if native client applications can encapsulate the HTML and TypeScript/JavaScript and wrap it into a native program for different operating systems. I don't know what the limitations will be of a client application.

Any thoughts?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (typescript@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email typescript@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Chris Houdeshell
choudeshell@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Don't forget jsBin, it supports TypeScript too.