version 0.9.x

Topics: General
Jan 19, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I just noticed that a branch for 0.9.x was created. When I checked the "wishlist", it looks that this will be a great release(s):

Get/set accessors in interfaces
Support ES6 import Foo from "bar"
Support for Generics in TypeScript
Support optional ambient "this" pointer typing in callback/function signatures
Create a .d community site
Allow classes in function scope

It also seems that the publicly exposed repository is used more often than before by the TS team. Great to have the development more out in the open.

// Peter

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Several of those things are going to be extremely useful to me, but the ambient "this" pointer is worth its release-weight in gold :)

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I am looking forward to these features. I am using TypeScript in a project where I am actually referencing the TypeScript AST, parser, etc. I hope the team keeps most of the same structure with regards to the easy-to-invoke compiler, public functions, etc so I can continue to use the TypeScript source as a submodule w/out having to patch it directly.

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM

@cretz

I'm developing the CATS editor and am also using things like the language services a lot. So far (upgrading from 0.8.1 to 0.8.2) my experience has been positive with the API stability. They added some new services (like being able to emit source code from the language service), but existing services didn't changed much. 

However if they need to make some incompatible changes for the better, I have no issues with that. Already using TypeScript at this stage, means I know I'm an early adapter and what the risk associated with that are. And at least with a type system, the compiler will warn me about many of the incompatible changes.

// Peter