error MSB3073: The command "tsc --comments --sourcemap --target ES3 " exited with code 1.

Topics: General
Feb 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM
After installing 0.8.2 and manually adding the TS VS settings to my project xml ... I get the following when trying to build my project ...

27>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
3> Version
3> Syntax: tsc [options] [file ..]
3> Examples: tsc hello.ts
3> tsc --out foo.js foo.ts
3> tsc @args.txt 3>
3> Options:
3> -c, --comments Emit comments to output
3> --declaration Generates corresponding .d.ts file
3> -e, --exec Execute the script after compilation
3> -h, --help Print this message
3> --module KIND Specify module code generation: "commonjs" (default) or "amd"
3> --nolib Do not include a default lib.d.ts with global declarations
3> --out FILE|DIRECTORY Concatenate and emit output to single file | Redirect output structure to the directory
3> --sourcemap Generates corresponding .map file
3> --target VER Specify ECMAScript target version: "ES3" (default), or "ES5"
3> -v, --version Print the compiler's version:
3> @<file> Insert command line options and files from a file.
3>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\TypeScript\Microsoft.TypeScript.targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "tsc --comments --sourcemap --target ES3 " exited with code 1.
28>------ Build started: Project: azModernForums, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
Feb 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM
It looks like something went wrong at the point where the .ts filenames get concatenated together to form the "which files to compile" part of the commandline. Can you post the part of the project file XML where the tsc.exe arguments gets generated?
Mar 23, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Hello. I had the same issue, it appeared after a deletion of the default 'app.ts' file generated by a project wizard. I managed to get rid of it by creating a new typescript project and transfering sources from the old project into a created one, leaving new 'app.ts' file undeleted.
Jun 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Hello. I had the same issue, any one can help?