Help setting up the debugger

Topics: General
Apr 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Newbee question: Is there someway to setup breakpoints and step through the code using page inspector?

I expected this to work: Create a new TypeScript project, add a single alert statement to the source file, set a breakpoint on an alert statement, launch with pageInspector, hit the break point. (I'm running VS 11 with the latest TypeScript build. I didn't do anything special to "install" page inspector. The option to launch with it was just there.)

What I actually see is the alert fire but the break point is not hit. Instead I get a warning saying: "Page Inspector Prerequisits. Server Code Mapping Requirements. No mapping data was returned from the server. Debugging must be enabled in the Web.config file, or the application setting "PageInspector:ServerCodeMappingSupport" must be set to "Enabled". Development server must be running on .NET 4.0 or later. Page Inspector's Runtime must be installed in the Global Assembly Cache. Page Inspector's Runtime must be registered in root web.config."

Phew. Would someone be so kind as the hold my hand and walk me through ensure all that is configured? I'm guessing I wouldn't be the only person with this problem. I'm running a vanilla setup.

Thanks,
Chris
Apr 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Debugging works if I use IE as the target instead of Page Inspector.