Is anybody debugging 0.9.0 Typescript with VS 2012?

Topics: General
Jun 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Hi,

I can no longer debug .ts files with Typescript 0.9.0, VS 2012 and IE 10. There was a bug report here which was closed: https://typescript.codeplex.com/workitem/1213

I uninstalled web essentials and resinstalled TS 0.9.0 and even compiled from the command line. The sourcemap is generated for a very simple standalone file. The breakpoints won't load in VS.

Are you able to debug .ts files with 0.9.0?

Thanks much,
Jon
Jun 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Can you give some more info? Are you using a project or a single file?
Jun 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Part of a project but only two typescript files.

I can try a smaller project to see if that works. What's the simplest config I should try?

Thanks!
Jun 28, 2013 at 1:24 AM
in VS create a new TypeScript HTML app, in the TypeScript node (or search in the new project dialog).

Set a breakpoint in app.ts and start debugging..
Jun 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM
@paulb...that works! However I can't get my other project to work. I'm trying a bunch of different things now to nail this down.
Jun 28, 2013 at 3:15 AM
OK I believe I narrowed it down to SSL.

If I use ssl I cannot hit breakpoints. If I disable ssl I can hit breakpoints.

My SSL cert is valid. Can anyone else debug w/ ssl enabled with typescript 0.9.0?
Jun 28, 2013 at 3:33 AM
@paulb to repro:

"in VS create a new TypeScript HTML app, in the TypeScript node (or search in the new project dialog). "

Then setup ssl for iis express by selecting the typescript project and in the properties window, choose ssl enabled.

If you start the project normally it will work. If you set your launch url to the ssl one, it will not debug.

Can you repro as well?

Thanks!
Jon
Jun 28, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Yes, I can repro this..

This is a known issue, but we probably won't be able to do anything here for the 1.0 release.
Jun 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Thanks @paulb !

Is there a public issue that I can watch?

Most of my pages are SSL enabled and I debug with SSL enabled to catch any issues earlier.

Thanks much,
Jon
Jun 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Debugging in chrome with source maps works very nicely on SSL sites, if that's any help.

Jun 29, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Thanks @markrendle ! I prefer to use VS & IE because the debugger ends up in the code where I edit it.

It makes my workflow easier.

Do you know if there is a way to edit your files right within chrome and save to your source code file? Curious of your workflow.