IE 9 and 10 causing debug exception on execute of .js file on //@ scriptmap...

Topics: General
Jul 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM
I've never seen this until recently and now all of my computers are doing it.

The script maps for typescript debugging are causing IE to debug into that line as if it's executing a conditional comment or a razor directive.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

IE 11 doesn't do this, which I presume is because conditional comments are disabled out of quirks mode and thus it won't hit it.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2013 at 5:36 PM
The recent source map spec recommends using //#, which I believe we've switched to in 0.9.1. The recommendation I think avoids this very problem (though //@ is also still supported, it's not recommended)
Jul 10, 2013 at 5:43 PM
When's 0.9.1 coming? (0.9.0.1 seems to still gen //@ instead)
Jul 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Bump.

This is a pretty major issue because IE won't debug properly right now with typescript after the July patch tuesday patches for IE. Just errors on every page.

Really need to get 0.9.1.0 out the door so that this is fixed.
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2013 at 6:59 PM
We don't generally give release dates, as we try to ship as the features get to the point they're ready for preview. If you need fixes earlier, the compiler in the source repo should have the fix, which you can use as a stop-gap until we can get an official release out the door.
Aug 6, 2013 at 12:50 PM
The problem is that right now as of the latest patch Tuesday, debugging isn't working in IE 10 because of this. It's a major issue. You guys at least need to release a point release that fixes the problem.
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Are the sourcemaps for 0.9.1, which I believe use //#, still cause debugging issues? Just to be clear, neither IE10 nor IE11 support source maps, so we're just talking about debugging the JavaScript directly.
Aug 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM
0.9.1 now fixes the //#.

But IE does support typescript debugging directly into visual studio with the source maps. In IE 10 after the July patch tuesday, //@ got completely broken on the source maps being included and causes a debugger error in Vs.net on every single file. IE 11 beta ignores //@ entirely so you don't get any debugging at all prior to 0.9.1.

Hence until today, all Vs.net direct debugging into typescript was broken in IE fully patched.