Typescript files not compiled anymore after upgrading to 0.9.1 + error in MVC3 Typescript Internet Application template

Topics: General
Aug 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM
My configuration :
Windows 7
VS2012 Update 3
Typescript 0.9.1
Web Essentials 2.9
Automatically compile Typescript files which are part of a project is enabled
MVC3 Web application

Saving a typescript file: does not alter the js file in any way.
Compile project : none of the typescript files are compiled to javascript.

Web Essentials compile on save is disabled ... when enabled, typescript files are compiled on save, but performance of editing is bad.

Also when creating a new MVC3 project, template Typescript Internet Application, getting the following error : The system can not find the specified file (Exception from HRESULT : 0x80070002).

Tried to uninstall Typescript and reinstall it, but all the problems remain the same.
Aug 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I'm getting the same thing. Windows 8, VS2012 Update 3, TypeScript 0.9.1, Web Essentials 2.9

Saving the .ts file causes the creation of a TypeScript Compiler process. The process does its little burst of execution, and then it goes down to 0% CPU and just sits there until VS is exited.

I didn't notice any editing performance issues.

The file in question was 1600+ lines long, referencing some .d.ts files, with moderate use of generics with KnockoutObservables and such.
Aug 11, 2013 at 5:23 PM
When editing I still have processor going up to 70% usage on a 2 core virtual machine. Often I have to wait 20 seconds (and more) before the language service catches up and code completion returns active again.
Aug 12, 2013 at 4:33 PM
@GeoffArmstrong That sounds a lot like what I'm experiencing described here. I'm also on Windows 8 so one theory I have is it's related to the use of a different JS engine on that platform.

I'm not using Web Essentials but if you are and you're having problems try uninstalling it. It's been known to cause trouble.
Aug 29, 2014 at 10:05 PM
I have the same issue with TypeScript 1.0, VS2013 Update 1 do have Web essentials. if I delete the compiled .JS and associated map file, the file compiles, but when using IIS Express, the browser still receives the previous .JS file.