How to create a nodejs project in VS2013?

Topics: General
Dec 23, 2013 at 1:51 AM
These is only a HTML Application after I installed the plugin.
Dec 23, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Check out the Node.js Tools for Visual Studio at https://nodejstools.codeplex.com/

I don't know what the story with TypeScript is, but that's the place to start.
Dec 24, 2013 at 8:08 AM
no,what I mean is using typescript to write nodejs application.
Dec 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Yes, but there is no TypeScript Node.js template. However you can use TypeScript in projects created with the templates that come with Visual Studio Tools for Node.js, so start there.
Jan 30, 2014 at 10:31 PM
I attempted to import the TypeScript targets file into a NodeJS project definition (from Node.js Tools for VS2013) and it failed to auto-generate the ".js" files.

If you have installed Node, you can use NPM to install TypeScript and then use the NuGet "Package Manager Console" to generate each ".js" file one-at-a-time manually through the IDE (command: "tsc myfile.ts"). I considered using an MSBuild "PreBuild" event to automate this call for every ".ts" file in the project, but wanted to dig for the nice, "silent" generation provided by the "HTML Application with TypeScript" template from the TypeScript tools.

*My guess after digging in, is that the TypeScript tools hook into a specific project type GUID to provide the automatic support. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the TypeScript tools source code to find out or to attempt to contribute a fix. TypeScript itself seems to be open source, but I couldn't find the tools in the open source.

It doesn't look like there is support (yet)
Feb 16, 2014 at 8:40 PM
There is some basic support for TypeScript in Node Tools for Visual Studio.

Refer to the documentation.