Ongoing TS development efforts?

Topics: Code Checkins
Mar 20, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Just checking in - we're clearly approaching the 1.0 release of TS (many thanks!), and I'm quite excited. But I've also noticed that the number of daily checkins has dropped dramatically. In fact, the only checkins in the last 10 days have all come from one person, and they're just tuning the lib.d.ts file(s).

That decrease in pace is fine - we're approaching a real release, after all - but I just wanted to check in and make sure that MS wasn't going to pull another Silverlight on us and either drop or severely minimize its support for ongoing TS development. TS is a great language, but I got burned badly by the Silverlight fiasco (I had to throw away three years of development on a consumer-facing app when it became clear that Silverlight penetration was never going to get above 60%), and I don't want to get stuck again in a dead-end technology.

I presume - hope - pray? - that nothing like that is going on. But a word from some of the folks on the inside would be helpful, too.
Coordinator
Mar 21, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Our commitment to TypeScript has not changes :) We are just focusing on stabilizing the 1.0 release at this point.