Compile TypeScript on build server/CI without Visual Studio

Topics: General
Jun 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM
So, the decision was made for the 1.0+ releases to bundle TypeScript with Visual Studio 2013. Prior to this, my team was compiling TypeScript on our build server using the standalone TypeScript installers.

Since we absolutely can not install Visual Studio on our build servers, is there a way to extract just the TypeScript installer from Visual Studio so that we can run it on our build server? This is preventing us from upgrading beyond TS 0.9.

We may even, at one point, need to support multiple versions of TS on our TeamCity build agents (which are shared across teams), since some teams may not be able to upgrade right away to a particular TS version.

If there is a standalone TS MsBuild installer anywhere out there, please point me in the right direction. I've scoured the TS site/forums and have come up empty handed so far.
Developer
Jun 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM
This is the poorly named installer for what you want for 1.0 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34790, there should be a 1.0.1 version floating around there too.