Discussions under Language Specification

Use this discussion page to discuss the language specification (docx, pdf), to provide feedback on code checkins, and to ask project questions.

To report a bug on the CodePlex project, use the Issue Tracker. To ask questions about using TypeScript, use StackOverflow.

Question involving generics +enumerations ?

first post: bradatnapahouse wrote: First post please be kind... I recently have been tinkering with T...

latest post: bradatnapahouse wrote: I have a follow-up question with generics and enumerations, in the ...

Abstract Classes

first post: gavinwahl wrote: This bug asked for support for abstract classes. The bug was dismis...

latest post: TheDeeds wrote: This issue is moved to new GitHub repository https://github.com/Mic...

NOTICE: TypeScript development has moved to GitHub

first post: jonturner wrote: The TypeScript team has moved development from CodePlex to GitHub. ...

latest post: thorn0 wrote: I think you should update this page: https://typescript.codeplex.co...

Improve 'typeof'

first post: montago wrote: When creating classes in Typescript, you kind of expect that these ...

Templates instead of generics

first post: timkoelewijn wrote: IMO templates are more powerful then generics. The only drawback on...

latest post: NN wrote: If you mean by templates some kind of code generation then it is mu...

Lamda Expression

first post: jaredjbarnes wrote: First I would like to say that I don't want to overwhelm those who ...

latest post: jaredjbarnes wrote: Thanks

How to call ASP.NET's __doPostBack

first post: TyrelHun wrote: How can you invoke ASP.NET's own __doPostBack method using TypeScri...

latest post: danquirk wrote: It is not feasible for TypeScript to include by default every singl...

Single file output does not work with extends

first post: PSP2 wrote: Extends clause does not work when concatenating and emitting output...

latest post: stasberkov wrote: Sure you can specify file order manually. It will be really nice if...

Typescript + AngularJs Bug?

first post: cristan wrote: Hello, today i wanted to write an Angular app and there is one t...

latest post: cristan wrote: @basarat, thank you for your reply. I have already seen all your vi...

Change keyword name: 'any' to 'unknown'

first post: SaschaNaz wrote: Some recent posts (#2622, #2624), or tweets, were talking about the...

latest post: SaschaNaz wrote: @jamesnw, right, we always have to check it when we make end-point ...