Discussions under Language Specification

Use this discussion page to discuss the language specification (docx, pdf), to provide feedback on code checkins, and to ask project questions.

To report a bug on the CodePlex project, use the Issue Tracker. To ask questions about using TypeScript, use StackOverflow.

Lamda Expression

first post: jaredjbarnes wrote: First I would like to say that I don't want to overwhelm those who ...

latest post: jaredjbarnes wrote: Thanks

How to call ASP.NET's __doPostBack

first post: TyrelHun wrote: How can you invoke ASP.NET's own __doPostBack method using TypeScri...

latest post: danquirk wrote: It is not feasible for TypeScript to include by default every singl...

Single file output does not work with extends

first post: PSP2 wrote: Extends clause does not work when concatenating and emitting output...

latest post: stasberkov wrote: Sure you can specify file order manually. It will be really nice if...

Typescript + AngularJs Bug?

first post: cristan wrote: Hello, today i wanted to write an Angular app and there is one t...

latest post: cristan wrote: @basarat, thank you for your reply. I have already seen all your vi...

Templates instead of generics

first post: timkoelewijn wrote: IMO templates are more powerful then generics. The only drawback on...

Change keyword name: 'any' to 'unknown'

first post: SaschaNaz wrote: Some recent posts (#2622, #2624), or tweets, were talking about the...

latest post: SaschaNaz wrote: @jamesnw, right, we always have to check it when we make end-point ...

How to disable textfield if textfield is empy

first post: savantKing wrote: Hi everybody, I have this: [code] @* Plaats *@ <!...

latest post: savantKing wrote: Thank you for you reply. I will try

Merge import modules

first post: MBursill wrote: I'm struggling with large-scale TypeScript development. Imagine I h...

latest post: danquirk wrote: I suspect the ideal solution for you is merged external modules whi...

Adding a JS file as a ref to TS file.

first post: SwethaSanthosh wrote: Hi All, I am such a newbie to Typescript. I am trying to add a JS...

latest post: danquirk wrote: Exactly what jamesnw said. The 'declare' statements are only about ...

Abstract Classes

first post: gavinwahl wrote: This bug asked for support for abstract classes. The bug was dismis...

latest post: ramideas wrote: Abstract classes will contain abstract methods. What if I wanted no...