Discussions under Language Specification

**TypeScript has moved**

The TypeScript team has moved development from CodePlex to GitHub.  You can read about the move on the blog post.

As a result, we're moving the forums as well.  As part of the move to GitHub, we're organizing the forums a bit more:

• For questions about how to use TypeScript and how to work with various JavaScript libraries and patterns, please use the TypeScript StackOverflow site.  This helps users have a one-stop place to find the best answers and get started quickly.
  • For feature requests and design discussions, please post to the TypeScript issues on GitHub

This discussion area on CodePlex will currently remain open for the time being, but will not be monitored by the TypeScript team as they were in the past.

Support for "string type enum" and automatic type checking for the string

first post: SaschaNaz wrote: (I think this was discussed somewhere but I couldn't find it...) S...

latest post: hakanson wrote: @SaschaNaz - Interesting that this example use Web Crypto, as I was...

NOTICE: TypeScript development has moved to GitHub

first post: jonturner wrote: The TypeScript team has moved development from CodePlex to GitHub. ...

latest post: jonturner wrote: Good catch! Updated.

Question involving generics +enumerations ?

first post: bradatnapahouse wrote: First post please be kind... I recently have been tinkering with T...

latest post: bradatnapahouse wrote: I have a follow-up question with generics and enumerations, in the ...

Abstract Classes

first post: gavinwahl wrote: This bug asked for support for abstract classes. The bug was dismis...

latest post: TheDeeds wrote: This issue is moved to new GitHub repository https://github.com/Mic...

Improve 'typeof'

first post: montago wrote: When creating classes in Typescript, you kind of expect that these ...

Templates instead of generics

first post: timkoelewijn wrote: IMO templates are more powerful then generics. The only drawback on...

latest post: NN wrote: If you mean by templates some kind of code generation then it is mu...

Lamda Expression

first post: jaredjbarnes wrote: First I would like to say that I don't want to overwhelm those who ...

latest post: jaredjbarnes wrote: Thanks

How to call ASP.NET's __doPostBack

first post: TyrelHun wrote: How can you invoke ASP.NET's own __doPostBack method using TypeScri...

latest post: danquirk wrote: It is not feasible for TypeScript to include by default every singl...

Single file output does not work with extends

first post: PSP2 wrote: Extends clause does not work when concatenating and emitting output...

latest post: stasberkov wrote: Sure you can specify file order manually. It will be really nice if...

Typescript + AngularJs Bug?

first post: cristan wrote: Hello, today i wanted to write an Angular app and there is one t...

latest post: cristan wrote: @basarat, thank you for your reply. I have already seen all your vi...