I'm on VS2013 and I'm getting this problem but it also appeared in 2012, which is current with other people here:
Basically, when a file that a lot of other files depend on is temporarily broken with a syntax error, the error is propagated to the other files but the when the error is fixed, the syntax errors don't disappear from the dependent files.
However, building the project succeeds (errors remain in error list window) and closing and reopening the dependent files seems to fix the issue when it occurs.
A very rough repro - I'm saying rough because I don't know if it happens every time or under some conditions:
- Have file A.ts
- Have file B.ts that depends on definitions from A.ts
- Break something in A.ts and save (not sure if save is important)
- Error list will be populated with errors in both A and B
- Fix error in A
- Error list remains populated with errors from B
- Building the project will succeed
PS: I thought this was due to Web Essentials but still occurs with Web Essentials disabled, though less often.