JSDoc support in Visual Studio

Topics: General
Oct 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Hi all,

Is there a way to get the JSDoc help to appear in Visual Studio when coding? TypeScript is showing us the method signatures just fine, but we carefully document all of our core classes and they appear to just be ignored at the moment.

This is just while editing. I've worked out how to export the comments to our js files on build, but we really want to see those comments during coding in the help pop-ups that appear already but seem limited just to data types.

On a similar note can VS not yet auto-generated documentation for TypeScript files? I mean at edit time, inside the IDE. In a C# app you start off the comment block and it auto-fills it all ready for you to edit. But that doesn't appear to work for ts files.

Oct 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM

We're actively looking into being able to output jsdoc (as that would make interacting with the .js output that much easier).  Once the compiler supports it, it will be easier for consumers of the TypeScript service to also support it.

I'll submit getting jsdoc help to appear as a feature request.

Oct 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.