How are you publishing/including the JavaScript files in the build?

Topics: General
Dec 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I posted a question on stackoverflow about ensuring the JavaScript files produced by TypeScript are included in the build by MSBuild. I didn't want the JavaScript files included in source control if they could be generated as part of the build process. The solution I arrived at worked, and also meant that it would compile the TypeScript when the project is compiled locally via Visual Studio.

As the project has grown, the files are now too many to pass to the command line. Can someone tell me if I'm doing something stupid?
Dec 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Actually scratch that post! It seems that I've fixed my problem by moving the lines:
  <PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)' == 'Debug'">
  <PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)' == 'Release'">
  <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath32)\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v$(VisualStudioVersion)\TypeScript\Microsoft.TypeScript.targets" />
further down the .csproj file.
Dec 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2013 at 5:36 AM
I do all programming and compiling from a Linux terminal. My command line looks like this:

tsc @options.txt @files.txt <Enter>

File options.txt contains:

--out ./out/main.js

File files.txt contains (abbreviated):

Notice the inclusion of jquery.d.ts at the top. This way I have to nowhere include /// <reference path='jquery.d.ts' /> (or any other module loading funk) in my code.