Topics: General
Apr 10, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Now that 1.0 is out, do you have any more explicit roadmap to share ? :p
Apr 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM
It's on my todo list. Anything in particular you want me to touch on?
Apr 10, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Edited Apr 10, 2014 at 4:42 PM
I'm interested on es6 features scheduling (especially generator), but much more on Type system improvement that would allows to use existing lib :
I don't know what is planned or not, but if any of this feature are planned I'm interested :p.
Apr 10, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Note: You cannot properly extend primitive types without a lot of work-arounds (and you cannot apply primitive constructors to a new custom object instance). That is a JS limitation, not a TS one.
Apr 11, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Hi JonTurner,

On behalf on the DefinitelyTyped team there are the following things that we're very interested in:
There may be some more to follow.

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:50 PM
I'd say the type-related features (type unions, this pointer typing, generic constraint restriction) are the most important things you guys should be looking at (in that order). First and foremost the purpose of TypeScript was to describe JavaScript's type system, which at present it has trouble doing in far too many cases.
Apr 11, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Wouldn't it be brilliant if CodePlex could provide a tracker where we could post issues and vote on them?!
Apr 11, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Yeah, if only ... LOL :P
Apr 11, 2014 at 8:47 PM
I think I should have been more specific :)

What aspects of the roadmap should I make sure to touch on? I take it, looking at the comments, the answer is "when will language feature <x> land?" There is also the work on the language service, the compiler, etc.
Apr 11, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Besides planned language features, I'd be curious to hear more about what upcoming language service features are planned. I'm also interested in hearing more about the expected cadence for new releases from this point (will they be roughly as frequent as they have been in the past or slower now that TypeScript hit 1.0).